Monday, March 9, 2009

Sydney's Birthday party

My youngest turned 5 the end of February and she wanted a princess birthday party. This was her first birthday party so I wanted to make it special. This is the invitation we gave her friends only 2 days before the party. Yea, I was slow to make them, but I think they turned out cute.
I used Crazy for Cupcakes and Hugs and Wishes stamp set.
Scalloped Circle Bigz die, Circle Scissors Plus and some retired DSP. The hole card ended up being 5x5. It is very cute size card.
For her first birthday party I wanted them to make somethings. Stampin' Up! used to sell Polyshrink which is like shrinky dink, so I stamped a princess using Pretty Princess then colored it and shrunk it for the kids ahead of time. I had the princesses along with beads and stretchy cord that Stampin' Up! used to sell. It worked perfect for the necklaces.

I also had some little tote bags along with a bunch of flowers I cut out using the Big Shot and Build a Flower Bigz die. I bought some felt with sticky back so they just had to peel and stick. They loved it then the bag turned into there candy holder for the pinata candy.
I think they all had a great time and they loved the projects that they made. Sydney was a very happy camper that day.
After the party Sydney said "What if it was my birthday everyday?" I hope not because once a year is plenty for me!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

You are such a good mom! I bet she always remembers her princess party.